PHOTO 9/3: Composition
We will discuss the following ideas:
- Cell Phone Photo Tips
- Discuss Composition Tips
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit each week. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
- Share Your Favorite Photo (Continued)
- Discuss Mini Shoots- Element of Line and Rule of Thirds
- Activity: Photo Tips and Composition
- You will be assigned a Composition Tip. Read the handout and look at the link to learn about it. Use this slideshow to complete the assignment.
- If you were absent, choose one of the tips to represent, but don’t do 1 or 2.
- You will take a “before and after” picture of the technique (a bad and a good photo) of the same thing.
- Add a slide in the section that belongs to you, if needed. Put your name on top right after the technique name.
- The bad photo goes on the LEFT (before)
- The good photo goes the RIGHT of your slide (after)
- In the notes section of your slide, include an explanation of why this technique works (3-4 sentences).
- Due Tuesday, September 8th.
- Due TODAY: Take a minimum of 10 images using both RULE of THIRDS and the ELEMENT OF LINE to create a specific mood or feeling. Remember that different types of line create different emotions or ideas. Submit your camera roll in the Turn In folder and best image on a Google doc entitled: 1_Last_First_ROT. Due Thursday, September 3rd.
- Your Digital Portfolio is past due. Submit your address here.
- Schedule for week of September 7th:
Monday, Sept 7th – No School (Labor Day) Tuesday, Sept 8th – Regular Distance Learning Schedule Periods 1, 2, 3, 7 Wednesday, Sept 9th – Regular Distance Learning Schedule Periods 4, 5, & 6 Thursday, September 10th – Regular Distance Learning Schedule Periods 1, 2, 3, 7 Friday, September 11th – Regular Distance Learning Schedule Periods 4, 5, 6
- Link to the Turn In folder.
- Tutorial Videos on how to create a website through Google Sites and Weeblly. If using Google Sites, I recommend using your PERSONAL account instead of your ValVerde account so that the website doesn’t disappear when you leave the district.