PHOTO 8/31: Rule of Thirds
We will discuss the following ideas:
- Discuss Class Syllabus
- Critique of Leading Line images
- Discuss better composition through the Rule of Thirds
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit each week. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
- Submit your digital portfolio webpage address
- Discuss Mini Shoot- Element of Line – Add your very best image to our Padlet.
- Comment on at least FIVE other students’ images, discussing what was effective in the image and offering constructive criticism
- Share Your Favorite Photo (Continued)
- Discuss Class Syllabus using this Jamboard
- Discuss Rule of Thirds: Place your subject at one of the four crosshairs for better composition:
- Discuss Class Syllabus is due signed by Wednesday, September 2nd
- Take a minimum of 10 images using both RULE of THIRDS and the ELEMENT OF LINE to create a specific mood or feeling. Remember that different types of line create different emotions or ideas. Submit your camera roll in the Turn In folder and best image on a Google doc entitled: 1_Last_First_ROT. Due Thursday, September 3rd.
- Your Digital Portfolio is due TODAY. Submit your address here.
- The main page must be all about you. Include a paragraph telling us about you and your experience with art, what you hope to learn in photo class, and anything interesting about yourself. Include a picture of yourself.
- Your second page is your Leading Line mini shoot. Include your camera roll and favorite image Make your images BIG. Discuss what you learned from doing this shoot.
- Link to the Turn In folder.
- Tutorial Videos on how to create a website through Google Sites and Weeblly. If using Google Sites, I recommend using your PERSONAL account instead of your ValVerde account so that the website doesn’t disappear when you leave the district.