PHOTO 11/5: History of Photography I
We will discuss the following ideas:
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit every few weeks. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
- Discuss the early history of photography
- Watch these two videos about camera obscuras:
- Pick up your photography kit in room 102 Tues/Thurs from 2 – 3:30. You will need this kit for this unit on the history of photography.
- Gather the following materials at home and photograph them. Turn them into Google Classroom under “Early Photography Materials” :
- Rubbing Alcohol OR clear hand sanitizer (at least 8oz)
- Hydrogen peroxide (optional)
- A piece of glass (take one out of a frame)
- Cardboard (cereal box or any box will do)
- Scissors or a blade
- A sharp pencil or something else that is pointy and sharp
- A metal soda can OR heavy duty aluminum foil
- Hot glue and glue gun (not necessary but helpful)
- Complete the Camera Obscura web quest in Google Classroom. Due Thursday, November 5
Turn in your notes in Google Classroom. Take a picture of each page and put all your images in a Google Doc. Make sure your name is WRITTEN at the top of each document to prove it is yours. Name your file 1_last_first_notes2.
Topics for your notes are below. If you are missing anything, look at the slideshows in GC or here. past due
-Element of Form
-Element of Texture
-Element of Value
-Element of Space (positive/negative and depth)
-Element of Color (psychology, all the schemes)
This video is part of your homework. Watch it and answer the questions in the Camera Obscura Quest slideshow (in Google Classroom)