ART 11/30- 12/01: Blending Colors
We will discuss the following:
- How to blend colors in different mediums
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit each week. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
- We will practice blending colors in different mediums: markers, watercolor pencils, and gel crayons.
- Practice blending the following color combinations with the materials in your art kits:
- Analogous (2 colors)
- Warm (3 colors)
- Cool (3 colors)
- 3 colors of your choice.
Color Blending Exercises
Steps to making a mandala by hand
Mandala examples from past students
- Work on creating intricate desings on your mandala. If your first design attempt is too simple, make a second one, and the first will count as extra credit. Due Friday , December 4th.
- Finish your blending exercises and turn them into Google Classroom. Due Friday , December 4th.
Videos: Creating intricate Designs:
Your mandala should be complex and interesting to look at. Create interesting designs that are made of multiple shapes. Simple shapes are okay to use as small accents, but they shouldn’t be the dominating element. Watch these videos to help you get started creating more interesting shapes and patterns.
Creating a Star
Creating a Curved Design
Creating Vine Designs
Watch this video that discusses how to create patterns for mandalas: