ART 11/05 – 11/06: Tints, Tones, Neutrals
We will discuss the following:
- We will work on creating tints, shades, tones, and neutral scales
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit each week. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
- Grab art kits 1 and 2. You will need your sketchbook and your coloring pencils
- Create the following scales in your sketchbook:
Tints, Tones, and Shades are colors that are made by adding White, Gray, and Black to a color.
Neutral colors are made by mixing complementary colors together.
Create the following scales in your notebook (or on a piece of paper). Turn in your image in Google Classroom under “Tint, Shade, Neutral Colors”:
- Two TINT scales with two different colors (from color to white)
- Two SHADE scales with two different colors (from color to black)
- four NEUTRAL mixes that show the complementary colors plus their neutral