ART 10/22- 10/23: Pixel Art IV
We will discuss the following:
- Pixel Art Work Day!
TAKE NOTES during class discussions. You will submit notes for credit each week. If you are absent, you must watch the Zoom video to get the notes.
If you were absent to any of the meetings this week, go to Google Classroom, where the recorded meetings have been posted under Classwork>Recorded Zoom Meetings.
Share your pixel art progress by the end of class to receive participation credit:
Video: How to create pixel art
Visit this site to learn more about how to create pixel art!
Pixel Art Examples
Create artwork that measures at least 32×32 pixels (1024 pixels total). Your artwork should be of medium complexity and should have between 5-10 colors. Don’t forget to add details to your background. Examples of appropriate art are below.
Pixel Art due 10/ 26
- Go to Google Classroom > CLASSWORK > ART > Final Pixel Art
- Rename the file pd_last_first_pixelart
- Your art must be of medium complexity – object should have some shading and not be too simple.
- If you are copying art from the internet, change it in some way to make it your own. Change colors, expressions, and details.
- Your art must completely fill the above square, which is 32×32 pixels in area. You can go bigger if needed, I will show you how in class.
- Add a background color first before you begin designing
- Objects must be big enough to fill almost the entire square
- Use between 5-10 colors in your design
- * If you need to add new colors or need help, watch these tutorial videos.
* CTRL+R will fill a row with color (place the color and drag across first)
* CTRL+D will fill a column with color (place the color first then drag across to select area)