- Review what theme is
- Yesterday’s homework: theme sentences, compound
- What is contextual evidence?
- How do you figure out what the theme of a story is?
- Gift of the Magi theme activity
HOMEWORK: Look at the link in item 4 above. Then, On a piece of paper:
- Write down three topics for The Story of an Hour by Kate Chopin.
- Convert those topics into themes by turning them into compound sentences.
- Find contextual evidence: Choose one of your themes. For that theme, write THREE quotes from the story that prove that this theme exists in the story.