- Prepare for Reader’s Theater. Performances are on Monday, December 18.
You and a team will act out a SCENE from The Crucible. Below are the requirements for your scene:
- Keep the time to about 10-15 minutes max
- Use PROPS and COSTUMES to create the scene. Your PROPS and COSTUMES do not need to be elaborate, but they should clearly define each CHARACTER, ACTION, and SETTING.
- Each team member must memorize his/her lines. You may NOT read aloud from the SCRIPT.
- The ACTORS in your SCENE must move during the play. This means body movement as well as walking and doing things as acting is occurring.
- ACTORS must have clear DICTION—no mumbling, whispering or unintelligible speaking.
- Fill out Reader’s Theater worksheet
- Reader’s theater scripts
- Work with your Reader’s Theater team. Memorize your lines, prepare props, costumes, etc.
- Writing Section: After presenting, write on paragraph discussing your experience acting out a scene from The Crucible. How was it different from reading? Did acting give you a deeper understanding of the action? Explain.