- Make sure you know your lexile score. If you do not, use a 4th grade reading level.
- Visit Newsela Sign up for an account if you don’t already have one.
- Choose FIVE articles relating to the same topic. Choose a general idea, such as science, animals, technology, etc.. You have the option to change the reading level so that it matches your own. On WeChat, send me a copy of each article that you read (you can save it as a PDF). File name – pd_last_first_article# (article 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
- Write a one paragraph summary for each of your articles. Do this on one document. File name: pd_last_first_summaries1
- Collect a total of 15 vocabulary words from your articles. File name: pd_last_first_vocab1. Write a letter, a story, or poem using all 15 words correctly. Underline the words.
- If Newsela does not work for you, try the following links to find interesting articles
HOMEWORK: Due June 8
- Submit all your articles, vocabulary, and summaries on WeChat. Use correct file names (see above).
- If you are not able to find news articles on your own, let me know. I can share articles on this website if necessary
- Please WeChat me if you have problems or questions. I will be available M-F from 10 am until around 4pm.