- To photograph making deliberate composition choices.
- To apply basic editing to photographs using Adobe Photoshop.
- First 9: Sept 4
- Second 9: Sept 8
- Last 8: Sept 11
- Edited Files: Sept 18
- Banner: October 2
To post your entries on the class blog, create an entry for each of the deadlines using the following settings:
Categories: Photography Class, Homework, Photography Student, Period 5
Tags: A-Z, Alphabet, First Set (Or second Or third), composition
You will create a series of photographs depicting the alphabet using unexpected objects. This assignment will teach you to view the world with a creative eye and to apply photography and Photoshop techniques to obtain better photographs.
You can use any camera for this assignment, including your camera phone
- Shoot Vertical
- Be creative
- Do not use letters from signs.
- Fill the frame
- Do not stage letters
- Shoot in color
- Letters can be flipped. Stretched, reversed
- Do not repeat a photograph to make another letter
- Keep background simple or blurred.
- Make sure object is sharp
- Use contrast (object stands out because it is different in color, texture, or shape)
- Change your perspective/angle. Get high, get low!
- Use concentric shapes (shape inside a shape)
- Use shadows to make object stand out.
- Use shapes that are unique, unexpected, funny