- Share character vignettes
- Read The House on Mango Street to page 80 in class
- Discuss Figurative Language and Metaphor
- Create a brainstorming bubble organizer with possible ideas for metaphors about yourself.
HOMEWORK: Do your homework by hand. Do not type your homework.
- Write ONE PAGE about yourself in metaphor. In other words, compare yourself to something whose qualities remind you of who you are deep inside. Refer to House on Mango Street, page 74, “Four Skinny Trees.”
- Vocabulary: Choose TEN words from The House on Mango Street, choose one of the exercises in the Binder_Vocabulary section