- Finish reading The House on Mango Street
- Discuss Theme in The House on Mango Street
- Introduce the Six Traits of Effective Writing
- Discuss Voice an Word Choice
HOMEWORK: Do your homework by hand. Do not type your homework.
- Type all the vignettes that you wrote for The House on Mango Street
- Give each vignette a creative title
- Expand the length of each vignette by adding more details
- Add FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE to your vignettes. Go over the figurative language slideshow to review.
- Vocabulary: Choose TEN words from The House on Mango Street, choose one of the exercises in the Binder_Vocabulary section