- Finish reading The House on Mango Street
- Practice using figurative language
- Type all of your House on Mango Street vignettes and add two more for a total of 20 vignettes.
1. Vignette of your choice 12/18 2. Vignette of your choice 12/18 3. About the Women in your life 12/14 4. About the Women of Mango Street 12/13 5. Imitate “The Monkey Garden” (write about a painful experience that helped you grow up) 12/11 6. Imitate “Bums in the Attic” (write about the house of your dreams) 12/06 7. Imitate “Four Skinny Trees,” (Write an extended metaphor about yourself) 12/04 8. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 40-67 12/01 9. Face-related writing 11/30 10. Face Drawing with memories 11/30 11. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette about feet or shoes 11/29 12. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette pages 31-40 11/27 13. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 14-30 11/22 14. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 1-13 11/21 15. Interview with Sandra Cisneros Reaction 11/20 16. About my name 11/17 17. Hand Drawing with Memories 11/16 18. Hand-related writing 11/16 19. Neighborhood writing 11/15 20. Neighborhood Drawing with Memories 11/15
HOMEWORK: Do your homework by hand. Do not type your homework.
- Type all the vignettes that you wrote for The House on Mango Street
- Give each vignette a creative title
- Expand the length of each vignette by adding more details
- Add FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE to your vignettes. Go over the figurative language slideshow to review.
- You should have a total of 20 vignettes plus a few drawings. Each vignette should take up about a half page when typed double-spaced.