In this unit, we will discuss literature from the Romanticism era of American literature, which ran from the early 1800s to around 1860. Literature from this period reflects a growing self-identity and assurance. It deals with issues of the frontier, nature, and rapid expansion.
Place these worksheets in the NOTES/WORKSHEET section of your binder.
ROMANTICISM ERA POEMS
- Intro to American Romanticism 1800-1855
- Oliver Wendel Holmes – Poems
- Ralph Waldo Emerson – _Self Reliance / Nature
- William Cullen Bryant -Thanatopsis
- John Greenleaf Whitier & James Russell Lowell – Snowbound
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow – Poems
ROMANTICISM ESSAYS AND BOOK EXCERPTS
INTERNET RESOURCES Some of these might require a VPN
There are four vocabulary lists for this play, one per act. Vocabulary for each section is due at the conclustion of each Act. Place these worksheets in the VOCABULARY section of your binder.