You will create a Photoshop collage all about you and your interests. Use your imagination. The design is all about you, but be creative—you do not have to be in the middle of the design. The design could feature your shadow, hands, feet, etc.
Look at the examples below for inspiration. Watch the Tutorials for technique. Go to the internet to search for more techniques. Have fun!
Due date is: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 20th. Turn in your documents on Google Drive. Use the link found in Google Classroom.
- Use a THEME that brings all your ideas together to create a sense of UNITY.
- The style of your design is SURREAL—not realistic at all, completely imaginary. Combine elements that are unexpected.
- Your artwork should have a FOREGROUND, MIDDLEGROUND, and BACKGROUND. Change the order of your layers to achieve this.
- Use a COLOR SCHEME and stick to it: Cool, Warm, Monochromatic, Analogous, Complementary, etc. Pay attention to your color choices, as they have meaning.
- Don’t forget to use your ELEMENTS OF ART: Shape, line, form, texture, color, value, space.
- Document name: Pd_Last_First_Final. Save your document as a PSD file. Turn in your document as a JPG.
- Document size: W=14 in, H=11 in, 300 ppi
- 15-20 layers. Organize your layers into FOLDERS.
- Use at least ONE green screen image.
- Use at least FOUR real images from your life
- Name all your LAYERS.
- Background layer should be at least 4 layers. Use a FOLDER.
- Use at least one GRADIENT
- Use layer BLENDING STYLES to blend layers (under NORMAL in the layers palette).
- Add TEXT to your design, even if it’s just your name on the bottom right.
Beginner Tutorials: Start here if you are new to PS.
Ready for basic editing? Watch these videos first.
Beyond the basics: Time to create something!