- Discuss: Memory Maps
- Create Personality Chart
- READ: My Good Friend, Willy Shakes
- Purdue OWL: Entrance Essay Advice
- Personal Essay Rules and Pitfalls
- VOCABULARY: 20 words due on Friday
- READ: Read two more successful essays
- WRITING SECTION: React to the two new Harvard essays. What literary techniques did each essay use? Now that you have read a couple of these essays, what do they have in common? What techniques might you borrow from these essays.
- Discuss: propaganda and logical fallacies
- Slideshow of Jonathan Edwards’ “Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”
- Read and annotate Jonathan Edwards’ -“Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God”.
- Discuss imagery and emotional appeal
HOMEWORK: Do your homework by hand. Do not type your homework.
- WRITING: Create chart for emotional appeals
- WRITING: Page 130, 1-6; page 131, 1-10