- Discuss conflict
- Discuss: Ray Bradbury – A Sound of Thunder_plain (page 36 in Literature textbook)
- Fill out Plot Worksheet 2017
- Pd. 4: in the WRITING SECTION Answer the questions on page 52
- Pd 6: WRITING SECTION–At least half a page: Think about how Bradbury describes his dinosaur. Write half a page describing a creature in action using a similar style.
- Present myths
- Go over presentation rubric
- Choose your first independent reading book today
- Finish Discussion: The Hero’s Journey (The Monomyth)
- Mythology presentations continue next week
- WRITING SECTION Pages 22-32 of your Literature & Compositon textbook (by now, you should have done pages 16-21)
- Work on your independent reading assignment
- Read about the leader of the Nez Perce tribe, Chief Joseph
- At the end of this biography is a landmark speech by Chief Joseph entitled, “I Will Fight No More Forever.” (on page 4 of the document, it is labeled, “At his surrender in the Bear Paw Mountains, 1877”). This speech is considered one of the most effective speeches in American history.
- NOTES: Write at least half a page of notes about Chief Joseph
- WRITING: Write a one paragraph reaction to the speech. How did it make you feel? Why do you think this speech is so famous?