- Finish reading The House on Mango Street
- Practice using figurative language
- Type all of your House on Mango Street vignettes and add two more for a total of 15 vignettes
- Use the following format: Font- Times New Roman 12pt. Double spaced. One inch margins.
- All writings should be in ONE document, with each writing on its own page.
- Save the file as PD_Last_First_vignettes.
- You may turn in either Word or PDF files
- Organize the writings so that they are in the same order as the list below.
- Add your own creative title to each vignette, Center and Bold your title.
- Add FIGURATIVE LANGUAGE to each of your vignettes. Refer to the figurative language slideshow
(Name, number of prompt/Assignment)
DATE ASSIGNED 1. Vignette of your choice 12/18 2. Vignette of your choice 12/18 3. About the Women in your life 12/14 4. Imitate “The Monkey Garden” (write about a painful experience that helped you grow up) 12/11 5. Imitate “Bums in the Attic” (write about the house of your dreams) 12/06 6. Imitate “Four Skinny Trees,” (Write an extended metaphor about yourself) 12/04 7. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 40-67 12/01 8. Face-related writing 11/30 9. Imitate “A Family of Little Feet” (write a vignette about feet or shoes) 11/29 10. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette pages 31-40 11/27 11. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 14-30 11/22 12. House on Mango Street: Imitation Vignette, pages 1-13 11/21 13. About my name 11/17 14. Hand-related writing 11/16 15. Neighborhood writing 11/15
HOMEWORK: Do your homework by hand. Do not type your homework.
- Over the break, finish typing and editing ALL of your vignettes. Follow the formatting instructions above.
- For extra credit, create a drawing for FIVE of your vignettes. Photograph the drawing so that you can copy and paste it into your document.